Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Habitat ReStore of Lancaster County, a division of Lancaster Area Habitat for Humanity, Lancaster, PA
Position: ReStore Associate
Reports to: Store Manager
Status: Part-Time, Non-exempt
Position summary: Responsible for customer checkout in an efficient and friendly manner.
Those interested in applying should e-mail their resume to email@example.com
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Greet customers in the ReStore
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct calls to proper individual
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer request to management
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Work with other staff to place items for sale on the floor, maintain and orderly sales floor and receiving area.
- Communicate with Warehouse team on items sold.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer or donor, maintaining standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Ability to lead volunteers through the daily routines
- Safely load and unload (often heavy) donations and purchases.
- Safely drive a 15' box truck for the purpose of picking up donations.
- Commitment to Habitat Mission
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good customer service
- Reading ,writing and math skills required
- Computer skills preferred
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle the hectic pace
- Ability to stand for several hours and lift at least 60lbs
- Valid Driver's license with a good standing driving record
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is strongly preferred
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Varied schedule during store hours - Tuesday-Friday 9-5pm, Saturday 9-4pm,
- Saturday availability required
- Part Time
ReStore Associate - view job descriptionhide description above
Donate Today to Change Lives Tomorrow!
Your can change the lives of families and children tomorrow with a gift to Lancaster Habitat today.
- $25 supplies hammers
- $50 provides nails to frame a wall.
- $100 provides an efficient window and natural light
- $250 purchases a bathroom sink and toilet.
- $500 supplies a secure front door and safety
- $1,000 repairs a home and revitalizes the neighborhood
- $2,500 raises the roof
- $5,000 will build a child's bedroom in a new home.
a gift today to help build homes, community, and hope. Visit our secure donation page at https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/lancasterhabitat
Thank you for giving!
IRA Charitable Distributions Rollover Extended for 2014
President Obama signed the Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014 (TIPA)1 on Dec. 19, 2014, extending qualified charitable distributions (QCDs) for 2014.
Since 2006, individual retirement account owners over age 70 ½ have been able to direct that up to $100,000 of their IRAs be distributed each year directly to a public charity other than a donor advised fund. This is called a QCD.
A QCD counts toward the required distribution. It's not included in income, nor does it qualify for a charitable contribution deduction. The provision for QCDs had expired at the end of 2013.
Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs) allow individuals age 70½ and older to withdraw up to $100,000 from a Traditional or Roth IRA and donate it directly to a qualified charity such as Lancaster Area Habitat for Humanity. The benefit is that the amount donated is federal income tax free and can be used to satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution for the year.
To be eligible for the tax free consideration:
To make your charitable distribution to Lancaster Area Habitat for Humanity, please contact the administrator of your IRA or for more information about Planned Gifts and Endowment Giving, contact Stacie or Michele at the Habitat office, 717-392-8836
- You must be age 70½ or older at the time the gift is made.
- The gift has to be withdrawn from your Traditional or Roth IRA. SEP or SIMPLE IRAs may also qualify, but only if inactive (i.e. not receiving contributions).
- The gift has to be paid directly from your IRA to Lancaster Area Habitat for Humanity.
- No more than $100,000 can be applied towards a QCD for each tax year. If you file a joint return, your spouse can also make a gift of up to $100,000.
- The amount donated can count towards your Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
- QCDs are only available for tax year 2014.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions Extended for 2014. Click to learn more...hide
Lancaster Habitat is building!
Click here to learn how you can connect with Lancaster Habitat and be a part of the life change we're building in Lancaster County.